Monday, March 12, 2012

A Pinterest Do Dessert

Ok...so this is  formally called Sopapilla Cheesecake.
However I have renamed it, because upon hearing the word Sopapilla and the ingredient cinnamon
Chloe renamed it Mexican Cinnamon Tacos....so there ya go.

Mexican Cinnamon Tacos are good.
If you like cream cheese, the taste of canned crescent rolls and cinnamon and sugar, you will like these.

The ingredients are short and sweet.

2 cans of crescent rolls
2 (8oz.) pkgs. of cream cheese softened ( I used the low fat type)
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp. of vanilla
1/4 cup of butter melted  ( I used half of that)
Cinnamon-Sugar


Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
Line an un-greased 9x13 dish with one can of the crescent rolls as seen here

Spread the cream cheese sugar mixture over the layer of crescent rolls.

Layer the other can of crescent rolls on top of that.
I just patted mine with my hands, you could roll them if you felt the need.


Brush the melted butter over the top and get your little helper to shake the cinnamon-sugar on top, this it to your liking (or your little helpers).


Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
I baked mine for 25.
The original post I found this on said it was best served at room temp, we ate ours while it was warm, not hot but warm and we loved it.

Can't wait to have piece for breakfast.
Yum.
This is a Pinterest Do.


Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks amazing!

Margaret said...

My boss made this for us at our Christmas Party this year, and it was awesome.